Monday, April 27, 2020

Greta


Greta is a thriller starring Isabelle Huppert and Chloë Grace Moretz. When Frances McCullen, a young woman, befriends a lonely older woman, Greta, things seem normal at first but quickly become disturbing as Greta develops an unhealthy obsession for Frances. 

I thought the plot interesting but predictable. There were quite a few sequences that were not very realistic and even with the good little twist at the end, it was hard to stay engaged with this movie.

The character development was not very unique. The qualities that Greta and Frances had I have seen in plenty of other movies of a similar theme. Even with a cookie cutter base, I still thought that the acting from Isabelle as Greata was pretty good, Chloë as Frances on the other hand wasn’t very impressive. She was a bit boring, as was the delivery of this movie. It was supposed to be suspenseful but the parts that were supposed to generate some sort of anxiety or stress were weak at best, even during the climax at the end, I was not feeling any sort of emotion and that means a lot coming from me because I am one who is easily startled.

I sat though this entire movie hoping it would get better but it never did. It was just a long dragged out movie, which could have had potential, but in the end, dropped the ball. My recommendation would be to save your time and skip this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment