Saturday, June 30, 2018

Doctor Strange


Doctor Strange is the origin story for Marvel character Dr. Stephen Strange. A neurosurgeon turned space and time manipulating sorcerer. 

I was impressed with the cast, it starred some really well-known, respected actors including Benedict Cumberbatch as the main character, along with Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Benjamin Bratt, Mads Mikkelsen, and Tilda Swinton. They all did a really great job working with each other, I just didn’t really like the character of Doctor Strange. He’s kind of an anti-hero. His whole persona is arrogance and selfishness. On top of all of that the jokes were dry and I didn’t find them to be particularly funny.

This is one of my least favorite Marvel movies. The effects were a more extreme version of Inception and the story-line was sort of hard to follow. This is one that I’m glad I saw to get some background to some of the future Marvel movies but it’s not one that I would see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment