Thursday, June 14, 2018

Waterworld


Waterworld is the fictional story of what would happen if all the ice caps melted and the world flooded. It stars Kevin Costner and Jeanne Tripplehorn, two actors that I have enjoyed over the year, so I decided to give this movie a shot. 

This movie turned out to be far from the quality of a Costner hit like The Bodyguard or even one of my favorite HBO shows staring Tripplehorn, Big Love. I remember hearing that they went over in the movie budget and that the ticket sales couldn’t cover it, now I know why. The hair and costumes were overkill, the soundtrack was terrible, the script was poorly written, the CGI in some parts looked really cheap, it was unnecessarily misogynistic, and parts of the plot made zero sense. The movie was almost 3 hours long and there really wasn’t enough content to even warrant the time. Overall a terrible movie. Honestly, I knew better, but I guess I couldn’t help myself. Save yourself the 3 hours of torture and just avoided this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment