Monday, June 11, 2018

Fahrenheit 451


Fahrenheit 451 is loosely based on the novel of the same title. The plot is centered on a dystopian future after a second Civil War in the United States. The fire fighters are now the law and order. They are tasked limiting the knowledge of the public through censorship by burning books instead of dousing fires.

I never read this book in high school but I knew roughly what it was about so I wanted to check it out. I thought that the plot was really interesting and could definitely be something that could happen in the future. Additionally, the acting was pretty good, with the star power of Michael B Jordan and Michael Shannon.

Where the movie dropped the ball for me was in its delivery of the story. I thought that it was rushed, that there were pieces missing and that they should have divulged a little deeper with the character development. Also, I thought that end was a bit weird and turns out it wasn’t the same way the book ended. Because of these things it was easy to tune out and I would say that this is one that can be skipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment