Sunday, August 13, 2017

Gia

Gia was a made for TV HBO movie that is almost 20 years old. I was always curious about seeing this film but never got around to it until now. Gia is the story of the first supermodel, Gia Carangi. It shows her childhood, living in a broken home, her rise to stardom in the modeling industry, her dramatic fall and subsequent death due to drug abuse.

Angelina Jolie was the lead and she resembled Gia pretty well. I thought that her portrayal of Gia as troubled, obsessive, rebellious and, dangerous was also signature Jolie. Even through the plot was interesting and the acting was pretty good, it was slow moving and lacked a certain level of character development to really bring me in and keep me engaged all the way through. In the end, this is not a movie that I would be interested in seeing a second time.



No comments:

Post a Comment