Sunday, August 6, 2017

Split


Split seemed like a really interesting idea with a great actor at the helm, James McAvoy. Unfortunately, this psychological horror-thriller film couldn’t hold up to my expectations.

It is supposed to be the sequel to Unbroken but you wouldn’t have known that going in nor did it give any hints to that until the very end. James McAvoy’s acting was superb but even his acting couldn’t save this movie. The end was incredibly unrealistic and just straight up bizarre.

I should have known better, it was written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. The only movies that I have ever liked from him are some of this earlier works, The Sixth Sense and Signs. After that everything just gets really peculiar, downright unsatisfying and a complete waste of time. If only I had paid attention to who directed the film, I could have saved two hours of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment