Monday, August 21, 2017

The Illusionist

Another 11 year old movie that I didn’t catch when it first came out but decided to give it a shot, thus wrapping up my magician themed movie watching marathon. 

What I liked about The Illusionist was the acting and the plot twist toward the end. What I didn’t like were the costumes, most of my distaste was for Edward Norton’s ridiculous mustache. There also felt to be a lack of necessary character development earlier on in the movie, which made it difficult for me to really connect and feel engaged with leads in this film. 

Additionally, the ending was cliched; the way it was wrapped up in a pretty little bow. It definitely lacked the desired climax that I was hoping for. All in all, it wasn’t a complete waste of time but definitely not a movie that I would seek to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment